The MSU has undertaken the construction of a policy bank to articulate its stances on various aspects of student life and post-secondary education. Each policy paper focuses on a particular issue relating to the post-secondary student experience. The VP Education and the rest of the education team lobby to enact the changes that are outlined in these policies. If you are looking for MSU internal operating policies and bylaws, please click here.
MSU policies are written through the Education team. They are well researched and make evidence-based recommendations to the University, all levels of government, and other stakeholders to improve student life. Each term 3 policies are written or edited and debated at the MSU Policy Conference (Policy Con). All MSU members are welcome to attend Policy Con and influence policy. For more information on Policy Con including dates and the policies being debated, click here. If you are interested in writing MSU policy, please contact the VP Education.
Please select the links below to download the MSU policies in Adobe Acrobat PDF Format. Please contact email@example.com if you require a document in a different format. The policies are organized by expiry date, with the top policies expiring soonest.
- Hamilton and On-Campus Public Transit
- University Sustainability
- Student Engagement and Retention
- Student Housing in Near Campus Neighbourhoods
- Tuition & Post-Secondary Education Affordability
- University Accessibility
- Access Copyright
- Ancillary Fees
- Indigenous Students
- International Students
- First Year Transition
- Food Security
- Sexual and Gender Diversity
- Health and Wellness
- Student Employment and Experiential Education
- Academic Success
OUSA Policy Papers
OUSA has an extensive database of policies and other forms of written lobbying which are accessible to students. In addition to our own policies, we will often lobby with the stances outlined in OUSA policies, since we contribute to their creation as well. Click on the following links for more information:
- about 1 hour ago GET THE INSIDE SCOOP! The latest #McMaster student discussion and news in our forums at https://t.co/dpj9YCYqjX #mcsu
- about 1 hour ago HOT THREAD: Grad photo https://t.co/s7FUGLgROe #McMaster #McSU
- about 13 hours ago McMaster meet your 2018 Battle of the Bands semi-finalists! After listening to tons of band submissions these eig… https://t.co/Lh4G3QRyE8