The MSU Policy Conference is an opportunity for students to provide their perspective and feedback on the issues that the MSU is asking of the University and all levels of government.
Students need not be experts on these topics - people simply need to be willing to participate in the conversation. Delegates for the conference will be provided with draft policies in advance of the conference for an opportunity to learn more about each topic. As well, training will be provided on conference day to ensure that delegates have an understanding and the tools needed to critically engage in discussions with eachother and with the policy authors.
In addition to policy discussion, there will also be an opportunity for students to learn about how the MSU advocates, how to get involved further with advocacy on campus, and to hear from guest speakers.
This term, the papers being discussed are:
- Transit and Transportation.pdf (245 KB)
- Environmental Sustainability.pdf (255 KB)
- Sexual Violence Prevention and Response.pdf (395 KB)
Spring 2018 Policy Conference will be on March 4th from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM in TwelvEighty and KTH. Please click here to register!
Past Policy Conference Topics
Fall 2016: International Students, Sexual and Gender Diversity, Ancillary Fees
Spring 2017: Indigenous Students, First Year Transition, Food Security
Fall 2017: Academic Success, Health and Wellness, Experiential Learning
To view the MSU Policy Bank, please click here.
For more information, contact Ryan Deshpande, Vice President (Education) via firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-525-9140 ext. 24017.
- about 2 hours ago RT @MacMCPI: Are you a #McMasterU student interested in hearing from #BasicIncome pilot participants and anti-poverty advocates in our comm…
- about 4 hours ago We've got a banner! I'm so glad to be making the space more visible this year! Don't forget we also have our more c… https://t.co/RrWYXKTlZa
- about 6 hours ago Your source for #McMaster discussion and tips: https://t.co/13Gn3QMt7p #HamOnt #mcsu #McMaster2021 #MacWW2017