Provincial Lobbying Organization
The Ontario Undergraduate Student Alliance (OUSA) represents the interests of over 140,000 professional and undergraduate, full-time and part-time university students at eight student associations across Ontario, including McMaster. OUSA is run by a Steering Committee made up of elected student representatives from each of our member associations - including the MSU's own VP Education. Day-to-day activities are carried out by four full-time office staff.
OUSA Advocacy Week 2017
From November 26 - 30, the VP (Education) and President were in Toronto to advocate to the provincial government. We met with with MPPs, Ministers, staff members, and other decision-makers throughout the week to progress our recommendations. To read the briefs we presented to stakeholders, check out this link .
- Conduct research to identify issues affecting the accessibility, affordability, accountability and quality of undergraduate education in Ontario
- Develop credible and constructive policy to address these challenges
- Lobby the government to affect their undergraduate education policy
- Organize campaigns to effectively articulate the needs and interests of our members
- Communicate research and policy to both educate and affect the opinions of stakeholders, Ontarians and government
- Build partnerships in the post-secondary education realm to accomplish our vision.
- about 8 hours ago RT @channydang: Mental health supports and preparing students for the workforce are a priority for both students and the government. Thanks…
- about 8 hours ago RT @channydang: Really important conversations today with @Daisy_Wai_PC, discussing sexual violence prevention on university campuses and a…
- about 8 hours ago RT @channydang: Thank you to @coteau for talking student issues with us today! Technology in the classroom and digital literacy is key for…