Provincial Lobbying Organization
The Ontario Undergraduate Student Alliance (OUSA) represents the interests of over 140,000 professional and undergraduate, full-time and part-time university students at eight student associations across Ontario, including McMaster. OUSA is run by a Steering Committee made up of elected student representatives from each of our member associations - including the MSU's own VP Education. Day-to-day activities are carried out by four full-time office staff.
OUSA Advocacy Week 2017
From November 26 - 30, the VP (Education) and President were in Toronto to advocate to the provincial government. We met with with MPPs, Ministers, staff members, and other decision-makers throughout the week to progress our recommendations. To read the briefs we presented to stakeholders, check out this link .
- Conduct research to identify issues affecting the accessibility, affordability, accountability and quality of undergraduate education in Ontario
- Develop credible and constructive policy to address these challenges
- Lobby the government to affect their undergraduate education policy
- Organize campaigns to effectively articulate the needs and interests of our members
- Communicate research and policy to both educate and affect the opinions of stakeholders, Ontarians and government
- Build partnerships in the post-secondary education realm to accomplish our vision.
- 2 days ago RT @eCampusOntario: Join @eCampusOntario at the 4th annual Technology Enabled Seminar & Showcase this November! Hosted at Toronto’s @globea…
- 3 days ago RT @COUPresident: Congratulations to @OUSA on your policy conference. Great to see participation from Jamie Cleary on behalf of the @Ontari…
- 3 days ago RT @LindaFranklinCO: #WellnessWednesday is a good time to revisit the In it Together report, a joint action plan with @OntUniv, @CSA_ON and…