Current Efforts and Priorities
- Lobbying for OUSA priorities
- Open-textbook model development
- Work Integrated Learning infrastructure development
- Tuition and financial assistance
- Improving Mental Health strategies
- Improving Accessibility strategies
Our Role in Advocacy
Advocacy at the Provincial level incorporates the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development, our formal lobbying organization OUSA, and collaboration with other post-secondary institutions in Ontario.
What is the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development?
A Ministry under the Government of Ontario, currently lead by Minister Deb Matthews, which is primarily responsible for matters related to post-secondary education. This includes, but is not limited to, financial assistance for students (OSAP), fund post-secondary institutions, and support employment opportunities for skill development and employment preparation.
What is OUSA?
The Ontario Undergraduate Student Alliance (OUSA) is a formal lobbying organization composed of 8 member universities, including McMaster, and represents over 140,000 students. Our VP Education is a member of the Steering Committee, which is responsible for setting lobbying priorities, developing OUSA policies, and direct lobbying. All OUSA policies are ratified by delegates of each member school and are based in evidence, making them very strong support for lobbying efforts.
- about 10 hours ago We at #yorku are looking forward to working with @orencsak in his new capacity as DM of @ONAdvancedEd #onpse https://t.co/qlmH3aApU0
- about 10 hours ago RT @ONTransfer: https://t.co/AZ5PwYmAv9 Program & Course Transfer Guides help you discover where ur #onpse journey can take you! #OCIF2017…
- about 13 hours ago RT @ONTransfer: https://t.co/AZ5PwYmAv9 Program & Course Transfer Guides help you discover where ur #onpse journey can take you! #OCIF2017…