Running an event
There are TWO main steps to hosting an EVENT on the McMaster University Campus:
Step 1: Completing an Environmental & Occupational Health Support Services (EOHSS) form and appropriate waivers.
- Do you need an EOHSS form to hold an event? YES!
- An EVENT is ANYTHING an MSU club does ON or OFF the McMaster Campus.
- EXCEPTION: any booking on the McMaster University Student Centre (MUSC) 2nd floor does NOT require an EOHSS form. This includes Clubspace.
- How do I complete an EOHSS form? Use your OFFICIAL (email@example.com) email address and your EOHSS club PIN number.
- ALL EOHSS forms MUST be approved by the Clubs Administrator and an EOHSS staff member. This is done automatically online.
- Waivers are required for specific events, such as Bus Trips, Film showings, absolutely any event involving Alcohol, and any event involving Participatory Sports.
Step 2: Booking space on the McMaster University campus.
- There are three (3) main departments which book space on-campus: Conference & Event Services, McMaster University Student Centre and Faculty of Health Sciences (FHS).
- To arrange access to existing AV in classrooms/lecture theatres, please email: Equipment Booking firstname.lastname@example.org
Booking with Conference & Event Services
Conference & Event Services book space for nearly everywhere on campus, except for: the Student Centre (booked through MUSC Administration) and HSC (booked through FHS). Please note, clubs can only book rooms on the first floor of MDCL.
First, make sure you have completed your EOHSS form. Then, go to the Conference & Event Services Website to complete the space booking form.
Booking with McMaster University Student Centre
MUSC Adminstration helps you book rooms (2nd floor and 3rd floor), information and bake sale tables and banner space in the Student Centre.
To book banner space, tables, and meeting room with MUSC, please fill out a Student Group Privilege Form. Once this is complete please to complete the appropriate booking form located on the MUSC Website.
NOTE- If you are booking space, on the 3rd floor, please complete a Meeting Request form first. If the space is available it will be put on HOLD for your group. You will then need to complete an EOHSS form, and submit it to MUSC (via email), who will then CONFIRM the booking,
Please be advised that only the executives listed on the Student Group Privilege form can book space with MUSC administration.
Booking with Faculty of Health Sciences
To book rooms with FHS, please complete the booking forms on their website.
Other On-Campus Space Bookings
Please direct any questions to Jenna Courage, MSU Clubs Administrator (email@example.com)
- 36 minutes ago It's Wing Night!!! 1 lb of wings for $7.99! #McSU https://t.co/ynjh2U3ru5
- about 3 hours ago Special thanks to @spotify for being on campus today. Stop by and visit their $4.99 student offer plus a to win a t… https://t.co/VSkUqLvyTP
- about 8 hours ago Applications to be a @MSU_SCSN Community Connector close in two days! For more details, visit… https://t.co/gx3UVEXWga