Starting this year, all Clubs are expected to fill out the Accessibility Checklist which can be found here. Filling out this checklist will not hinder or prevent your event from moving forward in any way. However, it will help you make your event more accessibile.
There are TWO main steps to hosting an EVENT on the McMaster University Campus: 1) Completing an EOHSS form, and 2) Booking the space.
Step 1: Completing an Environmental & Occupational Health Support Services form and appropriate waivers.
- Do you need an EOHSS form to hold an event? YES!
- An EVENT is ANYTHING an MSU club does ON or OFF the McMaster Campus.
- EXCEPTION: any booking on the McMaster University Student Centre (MUSC) 2nd floor does NOT require an EOHSS form. This includes Clubspace.
- How do I complete an EOHSS form? Use your OFFICIAL (firstname.lastname@example.org) email address and your EOHSS club PIN number.
- ALL EOHSS forms MUST be approved by the Clubs Administrator and an EOHSS staff member. This is done automatically online and the signature page(s) on the hardcopy forms indicate clearly which signatures are required.
- Waivers are required for specific events, such as Spectator/Cultural/Social Events, Bus Trips, Film showings, absolutely any event involving Alcohol, and any event involving Participatory Sports.
Step 2: Booking space on the McMaster University campus.
- There are three (3) main departments which book space on-campus: Conference & Event Services, McMaster University Student Centre Administration and Faculty of Health Sciences (FHS).
- Each of these departments book space for different areas on campus.
- Each of these departments have differing time requirements, so always pay attention to due dates and deadlines
- To arrange access to existing AV in classrooms/lecture theatres, please email: Equipment Booking email@example.com
Booking with Conference & Event Services
Conference & Event Services book space for nearly everywhere on campus, except for: the Student Centre (booked through MUSC Administration) and HSC (booked through FHS). Please note, clubs can only book rooms on the first floor of MDCL.
First, make sure you have completed your EOHSS form. Then, go to the Conference & Event Services website to complete the space booking form.
Booking with McMaster University Student Centre
MUSC Adminstration helps you book rooms (2nd floor and 3rd floor), information and bake sale tables and banner space in the Student Centre.
To book banner space, tables, and meeting room with MUSC, please visit the MUSC website and fill out a Student Group Privelege Form. Once this is complete please to complete the appropriate booking form located on the MUSC website underneath the Reservations section. (Club information table, bake sales, meeting rooms, banners).
NOTE- If you are booking space, on the 3rd floor, please complete a Meeting Request form first. If the space is available it will be put on HOLD for your group. You will then need to complete an EOHSS form, and submit it to MUSC (via email), who will then CONFIRM the booking,
Please be advised that only the executives listed on the Student Group Privilege form can book space with MUSC administration. This is to ensure that the space being utilized is for the actual MSU club, as well as to ensure accountability for the space.
Booking with Faculty of Health Sciences
Other On-Campus Space Bookings
Tourism Hamilton is happy to assist groups that are planning on hosting conferences in Hamilton with resources (financial and others). Please check out their planner page for more information about these opportunities.
- about 3 hours ago RT @msucampusevents: There's a little something for everyone ✅ #macblockparty #McSU https://t.co/bLWozHDqsQ
- about 8 hours ago RT @msucampusevents: You can't 'turn back the clock' after tickets are sold out! Grab your tickets now: https://t.co/COIYhxyis1 #McSU htt…
- about 9 hours ago You can't 'turn back the clock' after tickets are sold out! Grab your tickets now: https://t.co/COIYhxyis1 #McSU https://t.co/bif7ZRuMxI