Funding & Finances
Please click HERE to download the budget template that clubs are required to submit to receive a budget. This needs to be filled out as accurately as possible, with as much detail included as possible.
Budget requests must be submitted to email@example.com with the subject "[CLUB NAME] Budget Submission 16-17" by October 2nd 2016 at 11:59 PM.
Failure to meet this deadline will result in lack of budget allocation for the 2016/17 academic year. Budget submissions will only be accepted if submitted using the template found above, with the correct email subject line.
The McMaster Students Union (MSU) provides endless support to clubs so that they are able to succeed on campus. MSU funding is just one of the ways the MSU can support your club. MSU funding can be essential to the success of a club, so make sure to follow the proper procedures below in order to receive MSU funding.
Clubs have the option to choose between PACE and CIBC to bank with. Below are New Account Opening forms and Change of Signing Authority forms. Make sure you submit the correct form!
- Once you have obtained signatures from outgoing Signing Officers and incoming Signing Officers, please drop off the form to the Clubs Administrator (MUSC 215N).
- The MSU office will contact you, once the Clubs Administrator and the VP Finance have verified your club. You will have to pick up this form from MUSC 201 and need it for your appointment with the bank.
- CIBC - once you have picked up your form, you need to phone CIBC Westdale to set up an appointment.
- PACE - once you have picked up your form, PACE will contact you to set up an appointment.
- BOTH BANKS WILL NOT PROCESS YOUR REQUEST IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AN APPOINTMENT AND THEY DO NOT DO WALK-INS
- You will take the signed form and whoever has 2016-2017 Signing Officer access will need to be present in order to open the account, with two pieces of photo ID.
Claiming Funds from the MSU
Clubs can only claim funds from the MSU by filling out reimbursement forms.
Reimbursement forms MUST be submitted semesterly this year. If a club needs to be reimbursed for anything in Term 1 (Sept - Dec) all reimbursement forms must be submitted by 4:59PM December 16th; Term 2 (Jan - April) by April 9th. In order to obtain your allocated funding from the MSU, your club will need to submit a Claim Form , in person, to Jonathan Davis in MUSC 215N or the MSU office at MUSC 201.
Reimbursement approvals are made at the discretion of the Clubs Administrator - any purchases that don't benefit the entire club or the general student body will not be approved for reimbursement.
After a club has been approved for reimbursements, a cheque will then be available to the club in the following 2 weeks. All cheques are made in the club's name and not to personal accounts. Cheques can be collected from the MSU Accounting Department in MUSC 201
Undergraduate Student Initiative Fund (USIF)
Another way to obtain funding is through the Undergraduate Student Initiative Fund. Please click here to see current and past USIF allocations! There are three times during the year when they accept applications. Criteria and Guidelines can be found by clicking here . For more information, including the application, please click here.
Special Project Funding
Clubs may also request for further MSU Funding through a Special Project Funding request. The purpose of the Clubs Special Project Funding is to allow clubs the opportunity to work collaboratively on an event that brings clubs together and positively represents MSU Clubs, the MSU and McMaster University. Applications for Special Projecct Funding can be completed by filling out the application here and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: Special Project Funding.
All applications must be sent in 30 days prior to event.
Other Funding Opportunities
Tourism Hamilton can provide a list of additional funding options for groups hosting events off-campus if your event meets their criteria.
- about 1 hour ago GET THE INSIDE SCOOP! The latest #McMaster student discussion and news in our forums at https://t.co/dpj9YCYqjX #mcsu
- about 1 hour ago New flavour of the week: Double almond to end of the year! #McSU https://t.co/pnHkjKyeqW
- about 12 hours ago Become a critical consumer of news. RELIGST 2RN3: Religion in the News https://t.co/sk6zWedwjE @SRASocSci… https://t.co/m0uagjmhrY