Returning Club Ratification
If you are currently a club, here is a list of things you need to do to continue to be ratified under MSU as a club for the 2020-2021 school year:
- Hold an election OR submit an acclamation form to email@example.com
- Fill out Returning Club Survey (USE YOUR PERSONAL MAC ID)
- Upload your Club Constitution to the your Clubs Page (instructions can be found at the bottom of this page)
- Send your Transition Document to your incoming President and our Clubs Assistant (firstname.lastname@example.org)
IMPORTANT DOCUMENT TEMPLATES
- Election Period ends on Wednesday April 1st 2020
- Transition Package is due on Wednesday April 8th 2020
- Returning Club Suvey is due on Wednesday April 8th 2020
- Underground Reimbursements are due on Wednesday March 23rd 2020 by 5PM
- Term 2 Reimbursements are due on Friday April 3rd 2020 by 5PM
- Locker & Office- everything should be cleaned out and the keys/locks returned by Friday April 20th, 2020
- All club election related inquiries - email@example.com
- All transition package related inquiries - firstname.lastname@example.org
The election period will begin February 14th and run until April 1st.This means that you can hold your election AT ANY TIME during this period, when you choose to run the election during that period is completely up to YOU and YOUR club/executives. That said, we encourage you to get it over with earlier rather than later as you can begin transitioning the incoming president into their role.
What we will need from you:
Please send an email to email@example.com(THIS EMAIL ONLY) with the subject line "CLUB NAME" and the following typed out in the body of the email:
1) The election start/end dates and EXACT TIME you would like voting to be open.
(ex. If you are running an election the week of March 9th, you must EXPLICITLY STATE MARCH 9TH 9AM- MARCH 13TH 9AM (or whatever length as outlined in your club constitution). We will be sending out an email blast at the exact time you stated voting would begin, so it is very important you include exact time and dates.
2) Runners for positions (their full names)
3) Numbers of positions available (1 President, or 2 Co-Presidents)
4) The electors list using THE EXCEL TEMPLATE OF ELECTORS LIST (SEE ABOVE). If you use anything but the template provided, we will not be able to input it into the system. (you can just add it as an attachment to the email). We will not be doing this for you. It is your responsibility to ensure you have the correct template. (Again, we have the template attached. PLEASE feel free to copy and paste your membership lists into the template for ease). That said, we will follow up with you if your template Is incorrect or something is missing so PLEASE do not email us to ask if your documents went through. We will not answer unless something is wrong.
What does acclamation mean?
If you have ONE person running for ONE PRESIDENT POSITION, or TWO people running for CO-PRESIDENT positions, then they do not need to be voted in as they are acclaimed (they have no opponents).
What we will need from you:
- If your club has an acclaimed president(s) we will need you to fill out the ACCLAMATION FORM attached. On this form you will just need all current club executives to sign off to indicate the acclamation is valid.
- Once the form has been signed you can drop it off at the Clubs Admin or Clubs Assistant Offices (MUSC 215N &215A). If we are not in, Clubs Admin has a mailbox on their office door!
Results of the elections will be published here: https://mcmaster.simplyvoting.com. Please do not email us asking for the results as they will be published here following the completion of the election.
How to Upload Your Constitution
- about 1 hour ago RT @msucampusevents: Enter our Dan Mangan: Nice, Nice, Very Nice, 10th Anniversary Tour GIVEAWAY with the link below⬇️😊 https://t.co/O5ghi…
- about 2 hours ago RT @msuSHEC: SHEC is partnering up with McMaster Residence Life for our first-ever “Play It Safe: Game Night”! Come compete in games like t…
- 1 day ago OPIRG McMaster is a non-MSU group that collects $5.50 in student fees every year. The SRA has voted to send this fe… https://t.co/tV5vJSZrp6