Returning Club Ratification
If you are currently a club, here's a list of things you need to do in order to be ratified for next year (2019/2020).
- Hold an election OR submit an acclamation form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill out Returning Club Survey (USE YOUR PERSONAL MAC ID)
- Upload your Club Constitution to the your Clubs Page (instructions can be found at the bottom of this page)
- Send your Transition Document to your incoming President and our Clubs Assistant (email@example.com)
- Election Period ends on Wednseday April 3rd 2019 **We are no longer acccepting election requests; if your club has not done an election, please submit an acclamation form**
- Transition Package is due on Wednesday April 10th 2019
- Returning Club Suvey is due on Wednesday April 10th 2019
- Underground Reimbursements are due on Wednesday March 27th 2019
- Term 2 Reimbursements are due on Friday April 5th 2019
- Locker & Office- everything should be cleaned out and the keys/locks returned by Friday April 19th, 2019
- All club election related inquiries - firstname.lastname@example.org
- All transition package related inquiries - email@example.com
The election period will begin February 11th and run until April 3rd. This means that you can hold your election AT ANY TIME during this period, when you choose to run the election during that period is completely up to YOU and YOUR club/executives. That said, we encourage you to get it over with earlier rather than later as you can begin transitioning the incoming president into their role.
What we will need from you:
We will need an email sent to THIS EMAIL with the subject line "CLUB NAME" with the following typed out in the body of the email:
1) The election date and EXACT TIME you would like voting to be open. Ex. If you are running an election the week of March 12th, you must EXPLICITLY STATE MARCH 12TH 9AM- MARCH 13TH 9AM (or whatever length as outlined in your club constitution). We will be sending out an email blast at the exact time you stated voting would begin, so it is very important you include exact time and dates.
2) Runners for positions (their full names)
3) Numbers of positions available (1 President, or 2 Co-Presidents)
4) The electors list using THE EXCEL TEMPLATE ATTACHED TO THIS EMAIL. If you use anything but the template provided, we will not be able to input it into the system. (you can just add it as an attachment to the email). We will not be doing this for you. It is your responsibility to ensure you have the correct template. (Again, we have the template attached. PLEASE feel free to copy and paste your membership lists into the template for ease). That said, we will follow up with you if your template Is incorrect or something is missing so PLEASE do not email us to ask if your documents went through. We will not answer unless something is wrong.
**FOR CONSISTENCY AND EASE, PLEASE USE THE NUMBER TEMPLATE ABOVE FOR THE BODY OF THE EMAIL, I.E BULLET YOUR INFORMATION 1) 2) 3) 4)**
What does acclamation mean?
If you have ONE person running for ONE PRESIDENT POSITION, or TWO people running for CO-PRESIDENT positions, then they do not need to be voted in as they are acclaimed (they have no opponents).
What we will need from you:
If your club has an acclaimed president(s) we will need you to fill out the ACCLAMATION FORM attached. On this form you will just need all current club executives to sign off to indicate the acclamation is valid.
Once the form has been signed you can drop it off at the Clubs Admin or Clubs Assistant Offices (MUSC 215N &215A). If we are not in, I have a mailbox on my door!
Just a reminder that due to the nature of this procedure, with the form, we will also require a screenshot of efforts you made to open up the nomination to your club/execs. This is to ensure that every effort was made to host a fair and equitable election, and the result is still that there was only one nominee. PLEASE NOTE THAT REFUSAL OR FAILURE TO EMAIL US A SCREENSHOT OF YOUR EFFORTS WILL RESULT IN REJECTION OF YOUR ACCLAMATION FORM AND ITS LEGITEMCY. (examples of screenshots can be emails send to general members, public Facebook posts, messages to your execs etc. letting them know that nominations are now open and the criteria of which they can run (i.e. must have 1 year experience etc. as per what your constitution states on criteria – many clubs don’t have a criteria for nominations, so, anybody can run))
How to Upload Your Constitution
- 1 day ago .@mealexchange's National Student Food Summit is coming up in August at McMaster! If you're interested in a sustain… https://t.co/BhRKxXuEXy
- 8 days ago @MUALA_CA @theSilhouette Absolutely. The dozens of student-oriented services, along with advocacy efforts provided… https://t.co/8tXxGQytvW
- 10 days ago RT @MSUHorizons: THERE’S ONLY 1 WEEK LEFT TO SIGN UP FOR HORIZONS!!! Don’t miss out on the opportunity to meet other first years, explore c…