The MSU Awards are presented annually at MSU Student Recognition Night, which is jointly hosted by the MSU President and McMaster University’s President’s Office. The awards presented include the Rudy Hienzl Award, the Honour M Award, the MSU Spirit Award, MSU Merit Scholarship, and the J. Lynn Watson Award for Community Engagement. You can find the description of each award and how the awards are given out here.
Interested in nominating someone or being nominated for an award? Please review the following steps carefully, as we have changed up the nominating process slightly:
Nominating someone else:
- Please find the award which suits your candidate, and note what needs to be submitted
- Compile the nomination form (linked below) and supporting documentation into one document named “(Nominee name) - Award Name – nominated by your name”
- Submit your nomination package by January 27, 2020
- The Candidate will then be contacted to submit their CV, and other relevant information by February 5, 2020.
- Find which award suits you best, you can apply for more than one!
- Compile your nomination form (linked below), CV, and supporting documentation into one document named “(Nominee name) - Award Name”
- Visit https://www.msumcmaster.ca/take-survey/746 to submit your nomination package by February 5, 2020
The Honour M Award Nomination Form
The Honour M, the highest award that the McMaster Students Union (MSU) bestows, has been presented annually since 1932 in recognition of outstanding leadership, volunteer service, contribution and/or special achievement in extra-curricular activities.
Nominee must be an MSU member who shall normally be in the final year of their academic programme.
The Rudy Heinzl Award of Excellence Nomination Form
The Rudy Heinzl Award of Excellence has been presented annually since 1997 in recognition of an outstanding one-year achievement which improves the lives of students at McMaster University.
The MSU Merit Scholarship Award Nomination Form
The MSU Merit Scholarship Award is presented annually in recognition of outstanding and valuable service to university, student, or residence governments, departments, clubs, societies, charities, or athletics.
The nominee must be an MSU member who is not in the final year of his or her academic programme.
The J. Lynn Watson Award for Community Service Nomination Form
The J. Lynn Watson Award for Community Service has been presented annually since 1983 by the McMaster Students Union to the campus group that has made the greatest one-year contribution to charitable giving.
The MSU Spirit Award Nomination Form
The MSU Spirit Award is presented annually to the campus group that has demonstrated superior spirit. The Selection Committee will consider those campus groups that best represent enthusiasm, participation, dedication, and increasing school spirit at McMaster University.
For any questions, contact Maryanne Oketch at firstname.lastname@example.org
- about 22 hours ago It is designed to help us demonstrate the financial concerns of students and support advocacy efforts aimed at the… https://t.co/sq3XJQqbKY
- about 22 hours ago We want to make the government aware of this problem and the impact it will have on affected students. If you are a… https://t.co/8XZg3OPRdP
- about 22 hours ago as a result of massive business closures. The eligibility criteria states that you must have made more than $5000 i… https://t.co/N0MvsaIkIV