J. Lynn Watson Award
History of the Award
The J. Lynn Watson Award for Community Service has been presented annually since 1983 by the McMaster Students Union to the campus group that has made the greatest one-year contribution to charitable giving.
A group’s contributions should:
1) provide a learning opportunity for students in the area of community service;
2) encourage staff, teams, and students to contribute in a meaningful way to a charitable cause;
3) enhance the visibility of McMaster University in the Hamilton community and work towards creating a positive community presence; and,
4) demonstrate McMaster University’s commitment to serving the social, cultural, and economic needs of our community and our society.
Barring special circumstances, no more than one (1) award is normally granted each year.
Nomination forms found here:
When nominations open, please attach a description of the group’s achievement of no more than three (3) pages in length explaining why the group is a competitive candidate to receive the J. Lynn Watson Award for Community Service. The selection committee may, at its discretion, request a third party contact to corroborate the information.
Please email the complete package to email@example.com before Friday, February 2nd, 2018 at noon.
For more information, please contact:
McMaster Students Union
MUSC 201A McMaster University
905-525-9140 ext. 23250
2017: The Citizen Foundation
2016: Smiling Over Sickness
2015: McMaster Arts for Children
2014: Smiling Over Sickness
2013: Asian Focus
2012: Smiling Over Sickness
2011: Smiling Over Sickness
2010: Asian FOCUS
2008: Care for Underprivileged and Refugee Empowerment (C.U.R.E) - McMaster Chapter
2007: McMaster Muslim Students Association
2006: Mary E. Keyes Residence & UNICEF-MAC
2005: McMaster Chapter of Engineers without Borders/McMaster African Students Association
- about 10 hours ago McMaster meet your 2018 Battle of the Bands semi-finalists! After listening to tons of band submissions these eig… https://t.co/Lh4G3QRyE8
- about 19 hours ago Your source for #McMaster discussion and tips: https://t.co/dpj9YCYqjX #HamOnt #mcsu #McMaster2021 #MacWW2017
- about 19 hours ago Join us for Pop Culture Trivia Night in @MSU_1280 this Wednesday! Indulge in our extended wing night with the $7.99… https://t.co/qIDNGUpQPT