The Caring Communities Network
The MSU and wellness educators from the Student Wellness Lounge (SWELL) identified the need for a local resource person embedded within student communities to support the effective use of the University’s programs to support student wellbeing.
The Caring Communities Network responds to this need by encouraging communities to register a Wellbeing Liaison, who will represent wellness within their club, group, or organization.
What is the Caring Communities Network?
- Provide orientation to promote effective use of student health and wellness services, resources, and promising practices by student leaders in student groups;
- Build connections for sharing best practices across student communities;
- Provide better support for student leaders who are already assuming some or many of these responsibilities in their respective units;
- Facilitate conversations about the proactive practices student communities can employ to enhance the wellbeing of students in their communities
What is a Wellbeing Liaison?
How can my community benefit from this network?
- Receive free health and wellness based training
- Collaborate with other groups
- Share resources and ideas
- Promote your health and wellness initiatives to individuals and groups who share your goals or may benefit from your programming
How can my community become a part of this network?
- about 4 hours ago @aqlaahsim These candidates are vying for a position that requires answering to almost 27,000 undergraduates. Sayin… https://t.co/eMc7aQhM9s
- about 6 hours ago Anyway, read our critiques! No candidate is perfect and you should go into voting with an idea of what is and isn't… https://t.co/u3cdcFIikq
- about 11 hours ago Battle of the Band 2018 is fast approaching. Hurry before time runs out! Applications are opened until TOMORROW. V… https://t.co/bYcLhLqCfI