MSU Presidential Election 2019
The MSU President is elected annually by the MSU membership as outlined by the procedures in the MSU Constitution and Bylaw 10. The elected candidate will hold office from May 1st to April 30th. The President may carry a course load of not more than three (3) units per academic term. This course load restriction may be waived by a two-thirds majority vote of the SRA.
The President is to serve as the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Spokesperson for the McMaster Students Union and be a voting member of the SRA, the Executive Board, and an ex-officio member of all other MSU committees. As well, the President will chair the Executive Board, Board of Directors and the Presidents' Council. Furthermore, the President will represent the MSU to the University Administration, Hamilton community as well as local, provincial, and national governments and organizations.
Nomination Period: November 26, 2018 - January 9, 2019 | Closing at 5 PM
All Candidates Meeting: January 9, 2019 | Location TBD
Campaigning Period: January 13, 2019 - January 24, 2019 | Starting at 12 PM
Presidential Meet & Greet: January 15, 2019 6 PM - 8 PM
Candidate Debate: January 17, 2019 3 PM - 5 PM
Polling Date(s): January 22, 2019 - January 24, 2019 | Ending at 5 PM
To be nominated, please read over the package carefully and return the completed Nomination Package to the McMaster Students Union Office (MUSC 201) by January 9th at 5 PM.
The Expense Declaration Sheet must be completed in full and handed in by 2 PM on January 23rd.
The Nomination Package can be found by clicking the links below, or by visiting the McMaster Students Union Office (MUSC 201).
- Presidential Election Nomination Form
- Presidential Election Campaign Team List
- Presidential Election Rules 2019
- Presidential Election Rules 2019 Appendix A
- Presidential Election Expense Sheet 2019
- Presidential Election Complaint Form 2019
- Presidential Election Technical Complaint Form 2019
- Bylaw 10 - Elections
- Bylaw 10A - Electoral Procedure
- 24 minutes ago RT @deanhummac: And thank you @itsikramfarah and @StephBertolo for reminding the Academic Colleagues @OntUniv of the importance of student…
- 30 minutes ago GET THE INSIDE SCOOP! The latest #McMaster student discussion and news in our forums at https://t.co/13Gn3QMt7p #mcsu
- about 1 hour ago HOT THREAD: Selling bedroom furniture https://t.co/UWDFpEjlTj #McMaster #McSU