All in-person operations, events, and business activity of the MSU to stop
March 13, 2020 at 13:10 pm
Effective 5pm on March 13, the McMaster Students Union will cease all service and business activity on campus.
- All MSU service operations will stop immediately
- All MSU business operations (including TwelvEighty, The Grind, Union Market, and Underground Media + Design) will close on March 13 at 5pm
- All administrative operations will move to a virtual workspace. Staff will be available via email, but the Main Office in MUSC 201 will be closed on March 13 at 5pm
- All space bookings or reservations within MSU spaces are cancelled (The Grind, ClubSpace, TwelvEighty, etc.)
- All MSU club events, regardless of previous EOHSS and/or Clubs department approval are cancelled
- Political meetings, including those of Student Representative Assembly (SRA) are cancelled until further notice. In the interim, the MSU will explore pertinent bylaws and policies to fill the gap
- The annual General Assembly (GA), scheduled for March 18 is cancelled. GA will be reconvened at future time and will operate with the current, approved agenda.
- Elections of MSU Vice Presidents, scheduled for the SRA meeting of April 4/5 are also postponed. At this time, the MSU will explore alternative methods of hosting VPs elections. More information about Vice President election procedures will be made available in the near future.
Health and dental insurance plans continue to operate. Visit the insurance webpage for information, including how to make a claim online, as well as to print claim forms. Questions about health and dental insurance can be directed to email@example.com.
The Student Assistance Plan (SAP) remains active and available. Consultations on legal, financial, life, nutrition and wellness resources are available. SAP info can be found online.
The HSR bus pass remains valid through August 2020. For information about the student bus pass, please visit the bus pass website. If you are experiencing difficulties with your PRESTO HSR bus pass, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The MSU is monitoring the situation closely and encouraging everyone to put student safety first. Any student in need of financial assistance can access funding through the Emergency Bursary Fund, sponsored by the MSU.
McMaster University has canceled all non-academic events and have moved all classes online. Students will continue to have access to their residences, while libraries, food services, and the Student Wellness Centre remain available at this time. Please stay tuned from updates from McMaster University via: https://covid19.mcmaster.ca. It provides additional information and links to key resources. There are specific FAQ sections for students, faculty, and staff. Information on the site will continue to be updated as university decisions are made, and new information is available. The site also includes new videos featuring McMaster experts with helpful information to help you stay healthy.
For more information, please contact: