Health and Dental Plan
September 12, 2012 at 10:00 am
What is the MSU Health and Dental Plan?
Your fees include the cost to participate in both the MSU Health Insurance plan and the MSU Dental Insurance plan for full-time undergraduate students, enrolled in 18 units or more. You have already paid the cost of the plans ($56.71 and $113.41 respectively), tax included in your student fees.
What is covered?
I don’t want to read that. What do I need to know? What are the big three points for each
- 80% coverage perscription medication up to $2000
- 50% for one eye exam every 24 months
- Accident Expense reimbursement, including life insurance
- 80% ( 100% on Dental Network) coverage for Basic & Preventative Services including one consultation and one cleaning per policy year
- 50% (75% on Dental Network) coverage for Minor Restorative Services
- 50% (75% on Dental Network) coverage for Extractions and Residual Root Removal including two (2) wisdom teeth per any policy year
For a list of dentists on the Dental Network please visit: http://wespeakstudent.com/microsite/?id=53&sid=2&hid=1748
Should I opt out?
Ultimately, only you can determine if it is worth opting out. However, most plans will allow the MSU coverage to be complementary to another plan. For example, if the MSU plan covers 50% of an expense, and your ‘main’ plan covers 60% of that same expense, you will not pay anything.
Can I opt out of only one?
Yes, you can opt out of one or both of the MSU Health or Dental plans.
How do I opt out?
If you want to opt out of the MSU Health or Dental Insurance plan, you must provide proof of comparable coverage by September 30, 2012. Visit this website for more information and the link to opt out. If your opt out is approved, you will be issued a cheque around mid-November.
Can I extend my coverage to a spouse and/or dependents?
Yes, Health and/or Dental coverage can be extended to cover others under the following costs:
Coverage 1 Dependent 2 Dependents 3 Dependents Family
Health Coverage $60 $120 $180 $240
Dental Coverage $130 $260 $390 $520
Health and Dental $190 $380 $570 $760
Where can I find out more information?
For additional information on opting out or adding on, please visit our Health and Dental info page, or contact Victoria Scott at 905-525-9140 ext. 23251 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.