Apply for Battle of the Bands 2017
January 27, 2017 at 10:00 am
Battle of the Bands 2017 is here for another year of great music and incredible prizes. Applications are being accepted by email or drop-off until Tuesday January 31. Click here for more information.
The MSU and Campus Events have hosted this annual competition for over 20 years to showcase the incredible musical talents at McMaster. Bands win huge prizes every year, and this year, the prizes include a recording package, a chance to represent McMaster at the Provincial Finals, a full-page feature in The Silhouette, and much more!
“In a school and city full of so much musical talent, competing in an event like Battle of the Bands is a great way to stand out,” says Marco Gugliucciello, Assistant Director at MSU Campus Events. “This event is as a way to showcase that talent, and past winners such as the Arkells prove that there is no telling where it could lead!”
There are six important dates for the competition:
1. Band Submissions Due – Friday, January 31, 2017
2. Semi-finalist Recording Session – Sunday, February 5, 2017 (Time TBD)
3. Semi Finals – Round One ONLINE VOTING:
• Song 1 Feb 13 1PM – Feb 15 at 12PM
• Song 2 Feb 16 1PM – Feb 18 at 12PM
4. Semi Finals – Round Two ONLINE VOTING:
• Song 1 Feb 27 1PM – Mar 1 at 12PM
• Song 2 Mar 2 1PM – Mar 4 at 12PM
5. McMaster Finals – Tuesday, March 14th at The Casbah
6. Provincial Finals - Wednesday, March 29th at TwelvEighty
If you think your band can go all the way, read the Band Submission Guidelines and fill out the Application Package here.
For more information, please contact:
Assistant Director, MSU Campus Events
905-525-9140 ext. 23868