MSU Horizons Conference provides incoming students with valuable orientation experience
June 26, 2017 at 11:00 am
The Horizons Leadership Conference is a 3-day, 2-night leadership-oriented campus experience exclusively for first year students coming to McMaster. Horizons will take place between July 28 to 30 at McMaster University. The focus of the conference is to provide new students with an introduction to campus and university life. The conference also creates opportunities to network within the university, by showcasing involvement prospects in McMaster and by building valuable leadership skills through sessions, events and speakers. Registration information is available here.
Registration to the Horizons conference includes:
- Two nights accommodation in a McMaster University residence
- All meals and snacks throughout the conference
- A Horizons 2017 conference t-shirt
- Transportation to and from downtown Hamilton for a trip during the conference
- Various activities and events throughout the conference, including a social
- Attendance to an inspiring motivational speaker
Conference delegates will make new friends with other incoming, first year students in their respective faculties, programs and residences. In addition, delegates will be connected to upper year mentors to help prepare incoming students for success at university. Information regarding campus opportunities and student services will be plentiful throughout the three day event. Delegates will also be given guided tours of McMaster and Hamilton to discover the places that new students will want to enjoy and experience while attending McMaster University.
For more information, please contact:
MSU Horizons Conference Coordinator