Sidewalk Sale 2019
Sidewalk Sale 2019 will be held on Thursday, September 5th, 2019, with a registration and payment deadline set for Friday, August 9th, 2019.
Thursday, September 5th falls within the first week of classes for the 23,000 undergraduate students returning to campus for the school year. The annual sidewalk sale is the premiere opportunity to directly access the student market, leave a lasting impression, and promote your business and/or services to new undergraduate students.
Here are more reasons why you should participate:
- An estimated 10,000 students walk through the sale area
- Dedicated to businesses
- Direct access to the key 18 - 25 age demographic
- Prime location in the heart of the campus
- Advertising on social media (25,000+ followers on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat)!
Check out this Sidewalk Sale recap video!
How to Register
Registration for this year’s Sidewalk Sale is online and can be accessed using the registration link provided at the bottom of this page. Please ensure you read the following steps carefully before proceeding to the registration, as the process has been changed this year.
What space works for you?
Select from the following 4 space options:
- $330.00 + Tax – 6’ Space
- $650.00 + Tax - 12' x 12' Space
- $1200.00 + Tax - 20' x 20' Space & Online Flyer
- $1200.00 + Tax - 20' x 20' Food Truck Space & Online Flyer *Power add-on not available*
Enter your business information, answer the prompted questions, and select any additional options you may want/need:
1. Power hook-up ($80.00 + HST):
Vendors will be given one standard outlet and must supply their own extension cords/power bars.
2. Overhead tent rental ($145.00 + HST):
Mandatory throughout the city of Hamilton for all those serving NON-PACKAGED food items.
Please note, this is a 10’ x 10’ tent and therefore NOT available for rental by vendors with a 6-foot space.
3. Parking pass ($8 + HST per vehicle):
Parking is offered at this special rate on a first-come, first-serve basis.
4. Food Permit ($33.63 + HST):
This fee is mandatory for all those serving NON-PACKAGED food.
5. Personal Social Media Flyer ($50.00 + HST):
Send us your logo and have your business promoted to over 25,000 social media followers across all MSU social media platforms!
All logos must be emailed to email@example.com by Friday, August 9th, 2019.
*More details regarding space and extra options on the registration page.
* 20’x20’ regular and food truck spaces include the social media flyer!
Enter your business information, answer the prompted questions and complete your payment!
Keep in Mind
If you have purchased a space option with a Food Permit Fee you are required by the city of Hamilton to complete the City of Hamilton Food Vendor Application Form.
This information is mandatory and will be submitted to the Health and Food Safety Department of the City of Hamilton. Failure to submit the completed form before the registration deadline (Friday, August 9th, 2019 by mail, email, fax, or drop off may result in a fine of $23.89 + HST. For any further questions or concerns, please email the Programming Coordinator of MSU Campus Events (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Sidewalk Sale Protocol
- Absolutely no selling of food, beverages, alcohol, or tabacco may be permitted at the event. Any contravention will result in immediate removal from campus by McMaster University Security and a complete restriction from all future campus events.
- All noise levels from each retail space will be under close scrutiny. This is to ensure that all businesses have an environment in which to conduct their activities.
- All vendors must recognize and follow University policies and regulations.
- There are no preferred table/tent locations. The location of your table/tent will only be discussed after a full payment and registration has been received.
- All vendors must comply with any requests regarding event logistics when approached by event staff.
All vendors must complete registration by 9AM on event day or revoke attendance to the event with no refund.
- No vendors may depart from the Sidewalk Sale before 4:00PM except in extenuating circumstances with the approval of the Campus Events Assistant Director.
- Participating vendors consent to video and photo being taken of the event for future promotional purposes.
- Vendors that are giving food away or providing samples must appropriately complete forms provided on registration and follow all distribution regulations as per City of Hamilton, Public Health Services and Food Safety.
- Please note there is no public access to WiFi on the event grounds.
All sales are final. Sidewalk Sale 2019 is a rain or shine event and decision to cancel the event will only be due to extreme weather, or extenuating circumstances.
Should you have any questions or concerns about the event or any part of the registration process please do not hesistate to get in contact with me!
- about 3 hours ago RT @msuSHEC: Just a few more sleeps until Welcome Week! If you are looking for support during this exciting but potentially draining time,…
- about 5 hours ago #HSR51 is back for Welcome Week starting on Monday! Check out all the details below, and don't forget to get your H… https://t.co/8MH01FnJiP
- 2 days ago RT @theSilhouette: The Sil and @933CFMU are casting 2 REPS and 2 INCOMING STUDENTS for a video series following their Welcome Week 2019 exp…