In addition to the SRA Generals Election, a referendum concerning the fee paid by full-time undergraduate students to the McMaster chapter of the Ontario Public Interest Research Group (OPIRG) was held. The referendum results are as follows:
Beginning in September 2020, full-time undergraduate students will continue to contribute $5.50 to the McMaster chapter of OPIRG
Ontario Public Interest Group (OPIRG) Referendum
OPIRG is currently defined as a Non-MSU/Non-University group that collects a fee from students as outlined in Bylaw 5. The SRA has a duty to ensure that all groups collecting student fees under Bylaw 5 comply with appropriate accounting procedures and good governance practices. On Sunday, February 9th, the SRA voted to send the OPIRG fee to referendum in the Spring 2020, concurrent with the SRA General Elections. For more information on this referendum, please review the memo to the Student Representative Assembly as well as the details below.
The formal ballot question has yet to be approved by the Elections Committee. It will be posted on this page once available. However, this referendum will ask whether or not students wish to continuing pay $5.50 to OPIRG McMaster. The available options to answer this question will be YES or NO.
Students may formulate a campagin team to run for or against the options in this referendum. To form a team, complete the Referendum Campaign team form by March 4th at 5pm.
- Campaign Team Registration Form
- Appendix A 2020
- Underground Information
- Social Information
- Referendum Rules
- Important Dates and Deadlines
- Complaint Form
- Technical Complaint Form
- Expense Sheet
Note that a Word file of any of the above documents are available by request. Please email email@example.com
- about 16 hours ago RT @McMasterU: Ontario is pausing OSAP repayment for 6 months for students who have completed their studies. More on this, online education…
- about 17 hours ago RT @McMasterU: A quick reminder that while campus is open for some essential services, it's best to stay home and stay safe if you can. Plu…
- about 17 hours ago RT @McMasterScience: Remote cheers to the @McMasterScience recipients of @MSU_McMaster Teaching Awards - profs Josie Libertucci & Trevor Ki…