Hamtilon Street Railway (HSR) Bus Pass Referendum
The MSU, McMaster University, and the Hamilton Street Railway (HSR) negotiate a new bus pass agreement every three years. The current agreement includes Fall-Winter, Summer, and Extended services and concludes August 31, 2020.
The price of a publicly available HSR bus pass is $110/month as of January 2020. MSU contract prices are based on a percentage of this independent monthly HSR bus pass. For a breakdown of fees and percentages being presented for the next 3 years, please review the memo to the Student Representative Assembly, as well as the details below.
Students may formulate a campagin team to run for or against the options in this referendum. To form a team, complete the 2020 Referendum Campaign team form by January 17 at 5pm.
- 2020 Referedum Campaign Team Registration
- Appendix A 2020
- 2020 Referendum Underground Information
- 2020 Referendum Social Information
- 2020 Referendum Rules
- 2020 Referendum Important Dates and Deadlines
- 2020 Referendum Complaint Form
- 2020 Referendum Expense Sheet
The 2020 HSR referendum will take place concurenlty with the 2020 MSU Presidential election. The referendum ballot will present a preferencial ranking of the available options and corresponsing dollar amounts.
The contract has been negotiated with the following fees/options for the next three years.
Eight (8) Month Pass: Service from September through April with the following costs of:
- 2020-2021: $194.74
- 2021-2022: $204.20
- 2022-2023: $208.05
12 Month Pass (summer service): The eight-month pass, plus an additional four (4) months of summer service from May through August with a total cost of:
- 2020-2021: $215.50
- 2021-2022: $225.36
- 2022-2023: $229.62
The addition of Expanded Service of route 51-Univeristy: Consists of more frequent and later service (until 3 AM) on Route 51-University for an additional cost of:
- 2020-2021: $8.42
- 2021-2022: $8.58
- 2022-2023: $8.75
The Expanded Service option is available with either an eight (8) month pass or a twelve (12) month (summer service) pass.
*Currently, McMaster students receive a 12 MONTH BUS PASS with EXPANDED ROUTE 51-UNIVERSITY SERVICE*
In effect, the referendum ballot will ask students to rank, in the order of their preference, would they like:
- an eight month bus pass, OR
- an eight month bus pass with expanded route 51-University service , OR
- a twelve month bus pass, OR
- a twelve month bus pass with expanded route 51-University service, OR
- no bus pass at all
To veiw the official ballot for this year, please click here.
Note that a Word file of the above document is available by request. Please email email@example.com
- 2 days ago RT @MSU_FCC: Make sure to get your February Good Food Box orders in by Jan. 25th! Send us your request @ https://t.co/1Id2S4qzqp, then pick…
- 2 days ago At the December 8 meeting of the Student Representative Assembly, the SRA passed the following statement regarding… https://t.co/jgssVBnmTP
- 2 days ago Two more days to apply to be a delegate for the @OUSAhome Spring General Assembly! Topics of discussion include Sex… https://t.co/MNFJfjIfpY