MSU Presidential Election 2020
The MSU President is elected annually by the MSU membership as outlined by the procedures in the MSU Constitution and Bylaw 10. The elected candidate will hold office from May 1st to April 30th. The President may carry a course load of not more than three (3) units per academic term. This course load restriction may be waived by a two-thirds majority vote of the SRA.
The President is to serve as the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Spokesperson for the McMaster Students Union and be a voting member of the SRA, the Executive Board, and an ex-officio member of all other MSU committees. As well, the President will chair the Executive Board, Board of Directors and the Presidents' Council. Furthermore, the President will represent the MSU to the University Administration, Hamilton community as well as local, provincial, and national governments and organizations.
Nomination Period: December 2, 2019 - January 15, 2020 | Closing at 5 PM
All Candidates Meeting: January 15, 2020 | Location TBD @ 6-7 PM
Campaigning Period: January 19, 2020 - January 30, 2020 | Starting at 12 PM
Presidential Meet & Greet: January 21, 2020 6 PM - 8 PM | TwelvEighty
Candidate Debate: January 23, 2020 3 PM - 5 PM | MUSC Atrium
Polling Date(s): January 28, 2020 - January 30, 2020 | Ending at 5 PM
To be nominated, please read over the package carefully and return the completed Nomination Package to the McMaster Students Union Office (MUSC 201) by January 15th at 5 PM.
The Expense Declaration Sheet must be completed in full and handed in by 12 PM on January 29th.
The Nomination Package can be found by clicking the links below, or by visiting the McMaster Students Union Office (MUSC 201).
- Presidential Election Important Dates and Deadlines 2020
- Presidential Election Nomination Form 2020
- Presidential Campaign Team List 2020
- Presidential Election Rules 2020
- Presidential Election Rules 2020 - Appendix A
- Presidential Election Expense Sheet 2020
- Presidential Election Complaint Form 2020
- Presidential Election Technical Complaint Form 2020
- Presidential Election Social Information 2020
- Presidential Election Underground Information 2020
- Bylaw 10 - Elections
- Bylaw 10A - Electoral Procedure
Word document versions of the above documents are available upon request - please email email@example.com
- 1 day ago RT @msucampusevents: MSU Charity Ball is back with its 22nd Annual formal, and we can't wait to see YOU ALL THERE! 😊 Theme: Masterpiece 🎨…
- 1 day ago Friendly reminder that everyone's favourite beet farmer, @rainnwilson, is coming to McMaster on January 12th. Ticke… https://t.co/3NyDPlh7Cu
- 2 days ago RT @msuSHEC: TOMORROW: come find us in Thode or MUSC lobby areas starting at 1PM to nab one of our #SHECares exam care packages! SHEC & @MS…