The opt-out period for the 2018/19 academic year is now closed.
*Please note that there are NO exceptions to the deadline.*
Students voted on a referendum in order to have Health and Dental coverage automatically provided to all students taking 18 units or more. Only if you have extended external coverage you may opt-out and be reimbursed the fees. OHIP and OHIP+ is not considered to be extended coverage.
If you are covered by another health or dental plan, but you are not covered 100%, you may utilize your MSU Health and Dental plan coverage and combine it with your current plan. You can find the fully detailed brochure here or click on the links to the left for a summary. Look into your benefits and compare the two plans before you opt out, as the MSU plans may provide some coverage options that are not currently available to you.
- This opt-out is for undergraduate students taking 18 units or more, and MBA students.
- Varsity athletes may not opt-out of the Health plan. Please contact Athletics and Recreation for more information.
- If you opt-out of the plans you may still visit the Student Wellness Centre and be able to access their services.
- Graduate students, please visit the GSA website for more information about your opt-out.
You will be asked to provide the following information on the form in order to opt out:
- student name
- student number
- mailing address
- plan information (policy/group number, provider, and primary subscriber)
- student banking information (if you choose for the refund to be directly deposited)
- about 11 hours ago RT @OUSA: "Addressing existing barriers is imperative to ensuring that LGBTQ+ students are able to achieve the full scope of their professi…
- 1 day ago UPDATE: The review process has begun. The lead investigator will start coordinating in-person interviews next week.… https://t.co/nmEJFqUPDn
- 2 days ago RT @msuSHEC: Did you get a cute exam care package from on-campus last week and found this curious GOLDEN TICKET inside? 😮 This ticket is fo…