The opt-out period for the 2019/20 academic year is now open! Please fill out the form here. The last day to opt-out is September 30, 2019.
*Please note that there are NO exceptions to the deadline.*
Students voted on a referendum in order to have Health and Dental coverage automatically provided to all students taking 18 units or more. Only if you have extended external coverage you may opt-out and be reimbursed the fees. OHIP and OHIP+ is not considered to be extended coverage.
If you are covered by another health or dental plan, but you are not covered 100%, you may utilize your MSU Health and Dental plan coverage and combine it with your current plan. You can find the fully detailed brochure here or click on the links to the left for a summary. Look into your benefits and compare the two plans before you opt out, as the MSU plans may provide some coverage options that are not currently available to you.
- This opt-out is for undergraduate students taking 18 units or more, and MBA students.
- Varsity athletes may not opt-out of the Health plan. Please contact Athletics and Recreation for more information.
- If you opt-out of the plans you may still visit the Student Wellness Centre and be able to access their services.
- Graduate students, excluding MBA students, please visit the GSA website for more information about your opt-out.
You will be asked to provide the following information on the form in order to opt out:
- student name
- student number
- mailing address
- plan information (policy/group number, provider, and primary subscriber)
- student banking information (if you choose for the refund to be directly deposited)
- about 2 hours ago Interested in shaping provincial advocacy efforts? Apply to be an OUSA delegate for the Fall General Assembly! All… https://t.co/3U4sfbA03n
- 2 days ago RT @msucampusevents: ONLY A HANDFUL OF TIER 2 TICKETS ARE LEFT! GRAB YOUR TICKETS NOW FOR $49.99 BEFORE PRICES GO UP! PLEASE NOTE ALL TIC…
- 3 days ago RT @msucampusevents: TIER 2 TICKETS ARE 90% SOLD OUT! BUY NOW TO SAVE BEFORE PRICES GO UP! https://t.co/J52enf5nim