Women and Gender Equity Network
WGEN is the MSU Women & Gender Equity Network, a peer support driven service that caters to women, trans folk, people who identify outside the gender binary, gender non conforming folk and all survivors of sexual and gender based violence from all gender identities. WGEN provides a safe(r) space on campus in MUSC 204, it acts as a place for people to go and feel safe, talk about articles and issues in the media, make friends, and bond through common experiences. The space also has a library with a number of resources available for the McMaster community to use.
Along with facilitating our safe(r) space, we hold social events to build community, workshops to educate all folks, and campaigns to advocate and educate on behalf of and with the groups we were created to support. If you would like to keep up with the events we host throughout the year, feel free to visit us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
Contact Information & Hours
Location - We are located on the second floor of the McMaster University Student Centre (MUSC) in room 204, which is just down the hall from the MSU office.
Ways to Contact Us
- Come to room 204 and speak with one of our volunteers on shift.
- Call us during office hours at 905-525-9140 extension 20265
- Email the coordinator of WGEN at firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe(r) Space Hours - Open during the school year. Closed during the summer months. The hours for the 2019-2020 school year are as follows:
- Monday through Thursday: 9:30AM - 5:30PM
- Friday: 10:30AM - 3:30PM
- Weekends: Closed.
- 3 days ago A reminder that WGEN will not be operating during reading week. If you would like to book a one on one for a time d… https://t.co/yMMGdfQDzI
- 13 days ago RT @EIOMcMaster: The University is now seeking campus community feedback on the revised draft Sexual Violence Policy. For more information…
- 20 days ago CW: anti choice, abortion . . . . . . There are very graphic signs and brochures displayed and being handed out ou… https://t.co/5O9oYNOPVk