Student Health Education Centre (SHEC)
SHEC is a peer-run health promotion, education, and referral service for McMaster University students. SHEC focuses on engaging with students about health-related issues through peer support, events, and campaigns.
*** Please note: As with other MSU services, SHEC is currently closed for the school year. Please see the MSU's statement regarding the situation here.
The FREE services we offer in MUSC 202 include:
- Confidential peer support
- Anonymous and confidential pregnancy testing
- Health Supplies: external condoms, oral dams, lubricant, internal condoms, finger cots, menstrual products (pads, tampons with applicators, tampons without applicators), and band-aids
- Referrals on- and off-campus
- Lending library and health-related pamphlets
- Private nursing space, with diapers, a bottlewarmer, water kettle, fridge, baby wipes, nursing pads, nursing pillow, baby lotion, and rash cream
- Artificial sunlight lamp
Tour of Our Service Space
- 10 days ago RT @SACHAhamont: This Friday! This is a space for community care where folks can talk & provide support to each other. It is also a space f…
- 10 days ago RT @msu_pride: Post one out of eight for our Pride Myth Busters Campaign, “Knowing and Understanding Our Roots (Pride 2020)”. [1/8] https…
- 17 days ago RT @SACHAhamont: Did you know that members of the Two-Spirit and LGBTQ+ community face higher rates of sexual violence? Join us tomorrow…